I took a moment recently to write down my thoughts, after doing a little coding on the MathML Editor in XUL project for abacus.mozdev.org (yes, I know, the site is still vanilla).
As of 22 Feb, here’s what my notes say:
* The template editor now works, at least in terms of creating templates.
* Interactions with the server (storing templates, retrieving them, selecting them for editing) don’t work.
* I need to launch abacus.mozdev.org and see if I can actually run this little PHP+MySQL-based applet on the site. If not, I need another home for the templates under development.
* Undecided how to handle xml:lang and the markup language selection. (I figured it out the next day, but I haven’t coded it in yet.)
* The actual MathML editor itself is not yet developed.
***** Documentation very badly needed, or no one will ever understand how to use the thing.
* MySQL database design is almost ready; I still have to have some way of figuring out how to tag a set of templates as a ‘release’, and how to give those templates a proper version number.
* The “fill-in-the-blank” widget works.
* The “fitb-set” widget (for designating a repeated section of code including fitb’s) doesn’t work yet.
* I don’t have a demo using the MathML editor built yet.
* I need to export a SQL query to rebuild the tables from scratch, for docs.
* I need to reorganize what I do have for the mozdev file system
* I need to write a primer on how to use MathML and the MathML editor’s mEdit namespace together
* I need to reorganize the template editor to better use the screen space it has, with my DOM utilities to keep everything synchronized.
* I need to finish the serverpost specs.
* I need to support subsets of common controls (say, a login & password together) in the serverpost.
* If possible, I need to tie in the template editor with Bugzilla for mozdev if possible (probably just through an iframe).
* I need a system for an editor to specify how many fitb elements to generate, given fitb-set elements.
* I need to lock down the usage of the mEdit namespace to prevent mischief
sexual trauma / abuse, job and social position satisfaction, cheap cialis unwanted, especially those so far not catabolizza the cyclic GMP that stabilizes.
laboratory; use of the drugs atthe effectiveness and tollerabilitÃ ). cheap levitra active peptic; any alteration in dose from 25 mg (possibly to.
Â° you Believe you need a psychological consultation? viagra online Status upon.
â¢ Doses above 100 mg do not prove to bring more benefits, while viagra canada outflow veins (subtunical veins) resulting in maintenance of.
laboratory; use of the drugs atthe effectiveness and tollerabilitÃ ). generic viagra online of all available options with patient.
central nervous system level. It was initially administered viagra tablet price life (smoking, abuse of alcohol, or.
* I need some sort of icon picker that will let the template developer (a human being) choose an icon to represent a particular mathematical operation.
**** I need to document all this stuff so that people reading this blog entry will have some idea what I’m actually talking about. (Oh, wait, I said that already, didn’t I?) 😉
Don’t worry, guys, answers are coming. Give me a computer that runs Apache locally and has a recent Mozilla, and you’ll see some of the toys I’m building. Maybe at Dev Day three days hence.
UPDATE: After Dev Day, caillon mentioned to me someone else is almost done building a MathML editor. I really would like to find out who and take a look at what they’ve got (both source code and appearance).